in a fresh cilantro chutney (vegan, dairy and gluten-free)
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Food processor
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb fiddleheads
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and stems trimmed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Thoroughly wash fiddleheads, remove any brown ends and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl add fiddleheads and drizzle 2 tbsp oil over. Toss fiddleheads until they are coated in oil.
3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet evenly distribute fiddleheads.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in a food processor puree remaining oil, cilantro, lime juice and zest and jalapeno together. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once the fiddleheads are roasted, toss together with chutney in a large salad bowl and serve.