Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto COVID-19
Dear Gilda’s Club Members and Volunteers,
Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto is currently offering virtual programs while our red doors are temporarily closed due to COVID-19. Click here to view the program calendar.
While the closing of the clubhouse has a great impact on the individuals who seek support for their cancer-related stress, it is the health and safety of our members and community that is our top priority and that will always be our guiding principle that drives us.
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with you when we are ready to welcome members, volunteers, and donors back into the clubhouse.
We also know that with all of the news and information of COVID19, it can cause anxiety and stress, in addition to that which is cancer-related. We wanted to provide you with resources that you can access during this challenging time.
What services are still being offered at Gilda’s:
• Staff will be available for phone support during the business hours of 9:00-5:00 pm Monday to Friday. 416-214-9898
• Recipes can be found on the website and our Community Guide for Cancer Nutrition is available to read and download.
• Educational sessions can be found on our Youtube page and accessed from your home:
o Beyond Surviving Cancer with David Maginley
o Your Brain Can Empower Your Life with Dr. Rob Rutledge
o Cancer Nutrition Showcase with Chef Amy Symington & Chef Lynn Crawford
Additional resources you can access at home:
• 10% Happier Podcast: How to Handle Coronavirus Anxiety
• Anxiety Canada: What to do if you are anxious or worried about COVID19
• Canadian Cancer Society: Cancer and COVID19
• How to talk to your kids about the Coronavirus
• YogaGlo is an online Yoga, meditation and pilates platform that has a 15-day free trial ( and then about $25 CND a month)
• Instacart is a grocery delivery service that provides the option to have groceries left at the door.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
Please make sure that you are getting your information about COVID-19 from reliable and trustworthy sources.
The following links have up-to-date information about Coronavirus and important information such as:
• What the symptoms and treatments are
• How to protect yourself
• What to expect when travelling